Sunday, June 29, 2008

Animals

I dropped into Gordon this week to deliver Gina's (dog) medication. Thought I'd put this up because in the background of this gorgeous Anatatolian Karabash (the dog) is mum's backyard and one of my early DIYprojects. The dog kennel housed two 50kg dogs, and it looks as good as the day I built it 12 years ago! (the MDF floor and walls are struggling but thats due to poor material selection.. I used what was available at a recylcers yard on the way back home from Wagga years ago). It's Gina's winter house... in summer she prefers the cool bushes, but she uses its shelter more in the cold weather. This little snake is a black bellied swamp snake. It was only 20cm long and I uncoverd it whilst making the chook house. Its not very dangerous.... rather cuteactually.

No comments: