Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Baby Beehinds

Baby Beehinds make a range of cloth nappies including, all-in-ones and the one-size fits all fitted nappy made of either hemp or bamboo. Below is the Baby Behinds bamboo fitted nappy. It is cleverly designed to fit from birth to toddlerhood (fits approximately 4-15kg), though it would be quite bulky for a newborn, and would not have fit Lucy as a newborn.



The bamboo fitted nappy is made of 60% bamboo, 30% organic cotton and 10% polyester - together with the Nature's Child organic cotton fitted nappy it's one of the greenest nappy choices I've come across. The outer part of the nappy fastens at the front with snap buttons, and can be adjusted to fit due to a variety of button positions, though I do find velcro much easier and quicker to fasten than snap buttons. It is elasticized around the legs to create a snug fit and help prevent leakage. There are two booster pads that snap in place on the inner side of the nappy outer - you can also get extra boosters. Since the nappy comprises 60% bamboo it is highly absorbant, making this an excellent overnight nappy - this is my favourite nappy to use at night and I've never had any leakage problems. The biggest downside is that it requires a cover, adding to the bulk of the nappy and the time required to change it. Baby Beehinds makes both wool (100% Australian grown) and PUL polyester covers, which come in 3 different sizes. I use the Disana organic wool cover or the Eenee pull-on PUL cover with the Baby Beehinds nappy, as I already had these and I only have one of the Baby Beehinds nappies at this stage. Another negative is the long drying time, though it doesn't take any longer than the Nature's Child nappy boosters or the Itti Bitti bamboo boosters.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very impressed.
So what's the verdict?
Which one suited Lucy's little bottom the best?

I tried two different ones for D & E, but decided that it was unrealistic for me to keep up with all the washing.

You're amazing!
M

Anonymous said...

Dear Annette,

Sorry I could not make it to Lucys baptism - car problems

Fiona (my new partner) want to come and see you soon, we are also interested in building a place like yours!

I have enroled in theology study and fiona is interested in chaplaincy. She is a qualified counsellor and a very strong, mature christian woman!

I hope to become a minister just like dad and have already begun some ministry work!

From Paul